A healthy diet for a healthy life
Nutrition, or food, is at the base of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. Being healthy is not about being thin, it’s about having an appropriate lifestyle that fits your needs. Eating well not only satisfies a basic need, it also helps fend off a number of diseases, including diabetes, certain cancers, and cardiovascular disease.
Our NutriExtra nutritionists use a healthy approach to weight management—a winning formula based on high-tech methods. You will receive the results of your nutritional analysis the same day, without having to complete a food journal. This visual tool will provide you with knowledge and advice that will help you in everyday life.
- Developing a healthy lifestyle – Eating healthy
- Personalized weight management approach (excess weight, obesity)
- Diabetes (blood glucose levels, approach adapted for diabetics)
- Cardiovascular prevention (cholesterol, hypertension, cardiovascular disease)
- Gastrointestinal health (irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, constipation, diarrhea, gluten intolerance)
- Sports nutrition
- Medical and nutritional profile
- Anthropometric measurements (bioimpedence, body weight, height, body mass index)
- Food frequency questionnaire
- Nutrition counselling
- Recap of the last appointment
- Tracking of anthropometric measurements for close monitoring and goal-setting
- Nutrition advice and answers to questions
Our NutriExtra nutritionists, all members of the Ordre professionnel des diététistes du Québec (OPDQ), are committed to providing high-quality, comprehensive, and effective services. Contact your insurance provider to find out if your policy covers these services. We also issue receipts for services provided by nutritionists-dietitians for reimbursement from private insurance companies.