An alternative treatment to discover…
The professional practice of acupuncture has been governed by the Ordre des Acupuncteurs du Québec since 1996, and all our consultants are registered members.
Acupuncture has existed for 5,000 years, and is now practised throughout the world. Acupuncture is an energy medicine, based on the belief that vital energy—essential to life—flows throughout the body via a network of channels or pathways called meridians. The function of these meridians is to transport the energy that will nourish the brain, organs, muscles, bones, nerves, glands, and other systems, thus allowing your body to function properly.
Sometimes the energy flow is disrupted or blocked by factors such as stress, poor diet, emotional trauma, injuries, weather changes, or environmental factors. Over 90% of our ailments are due to overwork, the stresses of modern life, and excess emotions.
Acupuncturists stimulate certain points on the body by inserting disposable needles, or applying heat, pressure, an electric current, or a laser light.
Our acupuncturists regularly work with the physiotherapists and other professionals as part of an interdisciplinary team. For example, the physiotherapists refer their patients to the acupuncturists when pain levels are too high, when they experience muscle spasms, have inflammation, etc. This teamwork approach speeds up the recovery process!
Clients are encouraged to consult as soon as symptoms appear, to maximize their chances of recovery. Acupuncture is also a preventive medicine!
- Pregnancy follow-up, fertility
- Pain (muscular, sciatica, migraines, tendinitis, sports injuries, headaches, muscle weakness)
- Digestive problems (stomach pain, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting)
- Smoking cessation support
- Respiratory problems (sinusitis, rhinitis, cough, asthma)
- Circulation problems (loss of sensitivity, numbness, certain forms of paralysis, swelling)
- Infections (recurrent urinary tract/yeast infections)
- Menstrual disorders (irregular periods, PMS, menopausal symptoms)
- Seasonal allergies (prevention and flare-ups)
- Anxiety, insomnia, depression, fatigue, stress
- Treatment for babies/children
- Withdrawal symptoms: irritability, nervousness, weight gain, secretions, palpitations, and other symptoms