Treatment of muscles, bones and joints
Our physiotherapists treat a wide range of problems, both recent and chronic, affecting the musculoskeletal system (bones, muscles, joints), the neurological system, and the cardiorespiratory system.
At PhysioExtra, we also treat the following conditions:
- Pelvic disorders (perineal and pelvic rehabilitation)
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Vestibular disorders (vestibular rehabilitation)
- Postural problems (global postural reeducation)
- Lymphedema, chronic swelling (decongestive therapy)
We also offer the following services:
- Running assessments
- Physiotherapy assessment and bike fitting
- PhysioExtra concussion clinic
- Dry needling physiotherapy
- Pediatric physiotherapy
When to see a physiotherapist
You do not need a referral to see a physiotherapist. You should, however, make an appointment as soon as your pain starts interfering with your normal activities. It has been shown that the sooner you start treatment for pain or injury, the higher your chances are of recovery.
You will be given an accurate assessment of your condition, pain management strategies, advice, answers to your questions, and a treatment plan designed to restore you to full functional capacity as quickly as possible.
Common conditions treated with physiotherapy:
- Neuromusculoskeletal disorders: Plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, ligament sprains, tendinitis, bursitis, capsulitis, muscle tears, epicondylitis (tennis elbow), neck injuries (whiplash), torticollis, neck pain, upper back pain, lower back pain, herniated discs, poor posture, dizziness, balance disorders, arthritis, osteoarthritis, etc.
- Injuries due to workplace or motor vehicule accidents (CNESST, SAAQ)
- Pre and post-surgical orthopedic rehabilitation
- Pregnancy follow-ups
A SOLUTION FOR YOUR HEALTHCARE CLAIMS
At PhysioExtra, we make every effort to provide support to and actively involve our patients in their recovery process.