Physiotherapy: Treatment of muscles, bones, and joints
Our physiotherapists, specialists in physical therapy, treat a wide range of problems, both recent and chronic, affecting the musculoskeletal system (bones, muscles, joints), the neurological system, and the cardiorespiratory system.
At Physio Extra, we also treat the following conditions:
- Lymphedema, chronic swelling (decongestive therapy)
- Pelvic disorders (perineal and pelvic rehabilitation)
- Poor posture (global postural reeducation) GPR
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Vestibular disorders
- Female urinary incontinence
- Dry needling physiotherapy
We also offer the following services:
When to see a physiotherapist
You do not need a referral to see a physiotherapist. You should, however, make an appointment as soon as your pain starts interfering with your normal activities. It has been shown that the sooner you start treatment for pain or injury, the higher your chances are of recovery.
You will be given an accurate assessment of your condition, pain management strategies, advice, answers to your questions, and a treatment plan designed to restore you to full functional capacity as quickly as possible.
Common conditions treated with physiotherapy:
- Neuromusculoskeletal disorders: Plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, ligament sprains, tendinitis, bursitis, capsulitis, muscle tears, epicondylitis (tennis elbow), neck injuries (whiplash), torticollis, neck pain, upper back pain, lower back pain, herniated discs, poor posture, dizziness, balance disorders, arthritis, osteoarthritis, etc.
- Injuries due to workplace or motor vehicle accidents (CSST, SAAQ)
- Pre- and post-surgical orthopedic rehabilitation
- Pregnancy follow-ups
A solution for your healthcare claims
At Physio Extra, we make every effort to provide support to and actively involve our patients in their recovery process.