Global postural reeducation (gpr)
What is global postural reeducation (gpr)?
Global postural reeducation (GPR) is:
- A specific physiotherapy approach
- A treatment that involves reproducing various everyday positions (standing, sitting, lying, leaning forward, etc.)
- A better understanding of your body mechanics
- An ongoing quest to get to the cause of the problem (via muscle chains)
- Active involvement in long-term learning to prevent relapses
- The integration of new movements
With GPR, the body is treated as a whole, in a global way. This approach is based on the Mézières method developed by French physiotherapist Philippe E. Souchard. He has written over 15 books, and currently lectures in France and 10 other countries.
His treatment method is practiced by nearly 10,000 physiotherapists around the world. In Quebec, GPR has produced good clinical results for over 25 years.
Do you suffer from:
Whiplash, neck pain with or without numbness in the shoulder or arm?
Back pain, lumbar sprain, sciatica?
Injuries following an accident?
Pain and morning stiffness related to arthritis?
Chronic problems such as osteoarthritis?
A neurological condition such as dystonia or multiple sclerosis?
- Control or elimination of pain and symptoms
- Increased flexibility and mobility
- Improved posture
- Improved body awareness
- Prevention of recurrences
Who is gpr for?
GPR is a progressive, individualized treatment approach that is suitable for:
- People of all ages (children, adolescents, adults, and seniors)
- Athletes as well as vulnerable individuals
- Pregnant women
- Anyone seeking a whole-body treatment
La rééducation posturale globale est offerte par nos thérapeutes dans les cliniques suivantes :